Monday, 28 March 2011

one thing, one week

When I signed up for Amy's One Thing, One Week challenge over on her blog, I thought all I lacked was some motivation to get my little piece bound off. And then the universe decided a few surprises were in order! Some fun, some not-so-fun, but I'm here. I did it!
This is the completed panel, bound off. Made from 2" squares in a colorwash of Spring sky blues, it is a gift for a friend; the only fellow quilter I meet up with offline.

Looks simple, no, to bind that off?

What held me back was that I wanted the binding to change where the colors did; from light to medium, medium to darkest, and so on, around the edge.
Took me a while to figure out, but I got there. Now for something else new; I start the mixed media surface work. :- ) Fun, no?


Many thanks to Amy for the motivation, and I hope your energies are rising again after your recent virus. :- )

5 comments:

  1. wow that's a gorgeous sky. The color combination is fantastic! I hopped over from One Thing, One Week. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color transitions and great job on the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the colour matched binding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You worked hard on this...congratulations on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't it nice of Amy to get everyone motivated.
    Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. Of course now there are a few hundred more ideas out there for us to persue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a comment! I appreciate every one. :-)